2018 September Grand Sumo Tournament:11th Day
2018 September Grand Sumo Tournament Banzuke Topics
- For the first time in his career, Tochinoshin is Ozeki Kadoban. The previous were Goeido and Takayasu.
- Being Kadoban in the second tournament as Ozeki happened to seven Rikishi so far. The previous one had been Miyabiyama in the September tournament in 2000. (The statistics are cover the time of the current system that started in the July tournament of 1969)
- Mitakeumi stays Sekiwake and is in Sanyaku for the 10th tournament in a row.
- Ichinojo remains at the Sekiwake - rank for the third, in Sanyaku for the fourth consecutive tournament.
- Tamawashi stays in the Komosubi-rank as well as in Sanyaku for the second consecutive tournament.
- Takakeisho returns to Komusubi, the rank he previously held in January of this year after 4 tournaments.
- Takanosho is the first Rikishi from Chiganoura Beya to reach Makuuchi since the current Shisho has inherited it on 8th of April 2016. He follows Masunoyama from the same stable who was promoted in September 2011.
- Takanosho is the 22nd Rikishi post WWII from Chiba Prefecture to achieve this. The previous one had been Asahisho in the September tournament in 2012.
- Takanoiwa returns to Makuuchi after 5 tournamnt, he had previously been there in the November tournament of 2017.
- Kotoyuki returns to Makuuchi, the rank he previously held in March of this year, after 3 tournaments.
- Hakuyozan returns to Juryo after 2 tournaments.
- Enho returns to to Juryo, the rank he previously held in March of this year, after 3 tournaments.
- Jokoryu returns to Juryo, a rank he previously held in May 2016, after 14 tournaments.
- Since Juryo became a rank in January 1888, it has never happened yet that a Rikishi with Sanyaku-experience who had fallen down the ranks as far as Sandanme has returned to Juryo.
- Akua returns to Juryo, the rank he previously held in January of this year, after 4 tournaments.