2017 November Grand Sumo Tournament:11th Day
2017 November Grand Sumo Tournament Banzuke Topics
- For the first time since his promotion in July, Takayasu is Ozeki Kadoban. Following Goeido and Terunofuji who had been titled Ozeki Kadoban in the last tournament.
- Mitakeumi stays Sekiwake for the 3rd tournament in a row, and in Sanyaku for the 5th time.
- Yoshikaze also stays at the Sekiwake-rank and is in Sanyaku for the 4th consecutive time.
- Terunofuji finds himself in the Sekiwake-rank again for the first time since May 2015, that means 15 tournaments.
- His demotion from the Ozeki-rank follows Kotoshogiku who lost his Ozeki-status in March of this year. Since the regulations for the demotion of an Ozeki changed in the July 1969 tournament, he is the 17th Rikishi, while the process of demotion happened even 20 times.
- Kotoshogiku is back in the Komosubi-rank after 2 tournaments.
- Onosho is the second Rikishi from Onomatsu Beya to make his Komusubi debut since the present Shisho founded it on the 1st of October 1994. The first being Wakakoyu in January 2012.
- He is the 24th Rikishi from Aomori Prefecture to achieve this post WWII, following Takarafuji, who had been promoted in July 2015.
- At 21 years and 3 months of age as well as joining Sumo in Heisei Era, he is the 6th youngest Rikishi to achieve this.
- Daiamami is the 7th Rikishi from Oitekaze Beya to make his Makuuchi debut since the present Shisho founded it on the 1st of October 1998. The previous had been Daishomaru in the March tournament of 2016.
- He is the 23rd Rikishi post WWII from Kagoshima Prefecture, following Chiyoo (currently Chiyonoo) who had been promoted in January of this year.
- Additionally he is the 92nd Rikishi successful in amateur Sumo as a student to reach Makuuchi since Asanoyama in the last tournament. Moreover, he is the 36th graduate of Nihon University following Ishiura who had been promoted one year ago.
- Aminishiki returns to Makuuchi after 8 tournaments. He was demoted in July of last year.
- At exactly 39 years of age, he is the oldest ever rikishi to achieve this since Showa Era.
- Kotoyuki returns to Makuuchi after 2 tournaments.
- Myogiryu returns to Makuuchi, for the first time since May of this year, it took him 3 tournaments.
Juryo DebutTakanosho (Former Masunosho)
- Masunosho is the first Rikishi from Chiganoura Beya to make his Juryo debut since the present Shisho has inherited it on the 8th of April 2016. The previous one had been Masunoyama in November 2010.
- He is the 27th Rikiishi post WWII from Chiba Prefecture, following Asahisho who had been promoted in November 2011.
- Takagenji returns to Juryo after 3 tournaments. A rank he previously held in May of this year.