2019 November Grand Sumo Tournament:13th Day
2019 November Grand Sumo Tournament Banzuke Topics
- Being an active Ozeki for 32 Basho, Goeido has tied the 10th position in history concerning this.
- Takayasu became Ozeki Kadoban for the 3rd time in his career. The previous time had been in July 2018.
- Takakeisho returns to the Ozeki-rank. The previous return to the Ozeki-rank was managed by Tochinoshin in July of this year.
- Mitakeumi stays Sekiwake for 3, in Sanyaku for 17 consecutive tournaments.
- The previous time a Rikishi was demoted from Ozeki to Sekiwake was in the last tournament. It had been Takakeisho back then.
- Abi stays Komusubi for 3 tournaments in a row.
- Endo stays Komusubi for the second tournament in a row.
- Hokutofuji returns to the Komusubi-rank, he previously held in March, after 4 tournaments.
- Asanoyama is the the first Komusubi debutant of Takasago Beya since Asasekiryu who had been promoted in July of 2006.
- He is the 3rd Rikishi post WWII from Toyama Prefecture to achieve this, following Wakamiyama and most recently Kotogaume who had been promoted in November 1985.
- Moreover, Asanoyama is the 3rd former student from Kindai University, following Asashio and Takarafuji who had been promoted in July of 2015.
- He is the first Rikishi to reach the Komusubi-rank after a Sandanme Tsukedashi debut.
* The previous time we had 4 Komusubi (Kisenosato, Kokkai, Aminishiki and Roho) in one tournament had been in November 2006.
- Wakatakakage is the second Rikishi from Arashio Beya since the present Shisho has founded it to reach Makuuchi. The previous one had been Sokokurai promoted in September of 2010.
- He is the 7th Rikishi from Fukushima Prefecture post WWII to achieve this, following Sotairyu who had been promoted in March 2013.
- Moreover, Wakatakakage is the 5th former student of Toyo University to reach Makuuchi, the previous one had been Mitakeumi in November 2015.
- Takanosho returns to Makuuchi he had been demoted from in November of last year after 6 tournaments.
- Chiyomaru returns to Makuuchi after two tournaments.
- Daishomaru returns to Makuuchi he had been demoted from this January. It took him 5 tournaments.
- Kotoshoho is the first Rikishi from Sadogatake Beya to reach Juryo since Kotonowaka who had been promoted this July.
- Also following Kotonowaka, he is the 29th Rikishi post WWII from Chiba Prefecture to achieve this.
- Hoshoryu is the first Rikishi from Tatsunami Beya to be promoted to Juryo since Akua who reached the second league in January of last year.
- Following Kiribayama who had been promoted this March, Hoshoryu is the 68th foreign born Rikishi to reach Juryo. Furthermore, he is the 35th Mongolian national to achieve this.
- Wakamotoharu returns to Juryo after 4 tournaments. He had been demoted in March of this year.
- Akua returns to Juryo after 7 tournaments. He had been demoted in September of last year.
- Akiseyama returns to Juryo after two tournaments.